Thursday 10 November 2011

The vanishing surgeon

Today was my long awaited visit to the surgeon. I have been patiently waiting to see him him since my fistula started leaking, after a silicone plug procedure.

As usual, he left before I was called. The only times I've ever seen this man is in theatre! Its frustrating to be told every time that "Dr A should really take a look at your file as I dont know your history, perhaps next time we will get him to see you".. Perhaps one day we will meet..
Result; the consultant tells me it is likely my surgery has failed, but I'll need to come back in 2-3 weeks to take another look as he's not sure what the next step is. This would also happen to be the one day my fistula shows me up and looks clean. Sigh!

Can't complain much though, Infliximab seems to be giving me a bit more freedom to eat this week! No longer debating whether I can actually make it through the remainder of my college course with all the bathroom breaks and tiredness.

No comments:

Post a Comment